Saturday, April 23, 2011

Nice Little Saturday.

Today was pretty fab!  I went to lunch and shopping with my gay hubby and my seester!!  It was finally nice out today, so we went to Crocker Park and walked around the promenade to enjoy the beautiful weather!!  I got an a.ma.zing. clutch from DSW Shoes!!  Before heading out to Crocker my sis and I stopped at Target and I got two a-freaking-dorable bras on clearance for $4.98, what a steal, I couldn't pass it up!!  Can I just mention how annoying I find it that the cashier leaves hangers on things you buy?  I prefer if they ask, sometimes I want the hanger, sometimes I don't.  But for bras...yeah, I am def not hanging my bras on hangers when I get home.  Check out these beauties:




I turned my sister onto this nail polish by Rimmel called Steel Grey.  It's seriously the PERFECT color!  I'm obsessed with it and so is she.  She bought two of them last weekend while we were at Target, haha.  She's a nut!

Isn't it perfect?!
(I wish those were my nails, but they aren't.)

I'm currently sporting this other color by Rimmel called Cherry Fashion:
Fab, right?!
(Also not my nails.)



Last night I didn't have much going on and figured I'd make a "Girl Power" CD for one of the gals at work whose husband has just left her.  She's keeping on a strong front at work but I know she's suffering.  She had one of the other gals that we work with make her a CD with specific songs on it like "I Will Survive" and such, so I figured I'd surprise her with one of my own invention on Monday!  I also figured I'd make myself a copy of it since I'm also still suffering from my not-so-recent breakup.  I labeled mine:  Girls Rule & Boys Fucking SUCK!!  The back story to that is this...my BFF has kids, a boy and girl with only 2 years between them, so we always team up on the boy and say "Girls rule and boys drool!" and he says the opposite to us.  I just kinda spiced it up and made it more adult.  Here are the songs that I put on her CD:

Red High Heels - Kellie Pickler
Gives You Hell - All American Rejects
Kerosene - Miranda Lambert
Independent Women Pt. 1 - Destiny's Child
Summer Girl - Leighton Meester
Jar of Hearts - Christina Perri
Unwritten - Natasha Bedingfield
L.O.V.E. - Ashlee Simpson
What Goes Around Comes Around - Justin Timberlake
Move Along - All American Rejects
Best Days of Your Life - Kellie Pickler
Pocket Full of Sunshine - Natasha Bedingfield
Girls Just Wanna Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper
Lady Marmalade - Various Artists
The Climb - Miley Cyrus
Since U Been Gone - Kelly Clarkson
E.T. - Katy Perry (just  because we like this song)

Do you guys have any other suggestions that I could maybe put on a second CD?  This is a typical thing I would do for someone, even if we've only known each other a couple months.  I love making new friends and I love doing things for people.  Even if I barely know you but knew you liked something specifically I'd be the one who would buy it for you if I were out and saw it.  So I like doing this kind of stuff to put a smile on someone's face, especially when I know they've been really down.

I hope everyone's having a fab weekend and have a very Happy Easter tomorrow!!  :)

xoxo,
Me

1 comment:

  1. what a great idea- its crazy how much music can make someone feel better about their situation-if only for a few minutes! Love all the songs you chose- I haven't heard some of them in forever and now I'm gonna go play some old Justin Timberlake (:

    ReplyDelete