Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Ex-Husband (part 1).

Ok, I've finally got some time to sit down and actually write a beginning to this ex-husband story so you aren't totally in the dark.  Just kind of .

So you'll probably recall I said that the breakup with My First Love was mutual and that it truly was a hard time for me.  Well, that's completely truthful, however even though I was strong to other people it had made me feel really bad about myself.  Like, I couldn't make it happen with him after that long, how could I make it happen with anybody else?!  I was at quite a low point.  A couple months after the breakup I met My Ex-Husband through one of my college roommates.  They had worked together in high school and had remained good friends.  Well, sometimes for fun I'd talk to some of her friends on AIM, he happened to be one of those friends!  At first it really was just friendly and then it got flirty.  Then we were talking all the time and he was calling me on my birthday (just so you can keep up, it was my 20th birthday).  I should probably mention that at this time he was enlisted in the USAF (United States Air Force) and was living all the way across the country in California.  Moving on...so things with us progressed pretty quickly.  Probably because the thought of being single to me was absolutely awful.  I'd rather have a boyfriend 3,500 miles away than be completely alone.  Did I also mention we'd never met before?  Well, with him living in Cali it was kind of hard to have actually met face to face. So, on a whim we decided to start dating anyway.  We'd talk all night long, well all night for me since I was 3 hours ahead of him, and he was exactly what I thought I wanted at this fragile part of my life.  He was very attentive, was madly in love with me very shortly after we started dating and had even sent me flowers out of nowhere one day when I was getting a lot of shit from my roomies for dating him.

Luckily his sister was graduating from high school a couple months after we began dating and he decided to come home for it so he could see her graduate...and mainly so he could finally meet me, the girlfriend without a face.  Just kidding about that part, we'd seen pictures of each other and had had web cam chats a few times.  He wasn't exactly what I thought I'd be looking for in the looks department, but I can honestly say that it didn't bother me at all.  I went from a boyfriend who was 5'11" and maybe 150 lbs, to one who was 5'8"ish and 205 lbs.  Pretty big difference.  Anyway, that's neither here nor there.  I loved him.  Funny thing was that I had spoken to his family a couple times on the phone and on MSN messenger and his mom and I had planned that I'd surprise him at the airport when she picked him up!  So, technically I met his mom before I met him.  Ugh, I'm a freak.  Anyway, he really was surprised, he had no idea!  And I was so elated, to be able to hug him and look at him, it was amazing.  I couldn't have been happier.  I ended up staying the night at his parents and we had our first kiss and romp session that night.  Only to be embarrassed the next day when we were driving around with his sister and she said she could heard the bed squeaking.  I was mortified!  But his family was very welcoming of me and we got along right off the bat.  He was awesome too, he would always do small, random things for me.  He had his sister go pick up one of my favorite movies for him so I could have it, which was so cute to me.  When he had to leave I thought I was going to die.  I drove him to the airport and bawled when I had to say goodbye, the whole way home and even when I got home.

I liked that when we did get into a fight and I'd hang up on him, he'd actually call me back (probably about 30 times) until I answered and was ready to talk to him.  And he even sent me flowers randomly for our 4 monthiversary.  I really liked that because you definitely don't expect that!  I was so excited when he said he wanted me to come out for 2 weeks to visit him!  He paid for my ticket since I had a shitty job at a pizza place that paid $5.50/hr.  I wasn't going much of anywhere on that kinda money.  I was super stoked to see him but I was always thrilled because I'd never been to California before!  I had joined this Yahoo group of women that lived on the base, mainly wives and some girlfriends.  So while he was at work I'd have someone to possibly hang out with.  I'll never forget driving away from LAX, I stared at the palm trees with my mouth gaping open.  What a tourist.

By this time we'd only been together 5 1/2 months, but we were so madly in love, it was truly intense!  So, the Monday before I left...we decided to elope.  And we did just that.

To be continued...

xoxo,
Me

2 comments:

  1. i don't think I could date someone that I never met in person before but that's cute that his mom was in on surprising him by having you at the airport!
    and that his hilarious that his sister heard the bed...oops!
    can't wait to hear the second part and how this elopement went!

    ha I feel like I'm reading a movie when I read your blogposts...my life is a like a snoozefest compared to this right now =\

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, don't feel like your life is a snoozefest! This happened 7 years ago! Right now I'm single and completely boring, that's why I'm reliving all this, haha.

    And, yeah, I'm quite abnormal...so dating someone I'd never met was definitely a weird thing to do! :)

    ReplyDelete