Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Interesting!

Ok, I know I said I was going to post about my ex-husband, and I'm sure you're all a little curious...but I'm going to have to postpone that.  Instead, I'm going to share something that my counselor gave me to look at when I went to counseling after my break up.  It's interesting and something everyone should check out!  You go through and put your answers and hope that the person you choose to marry feels the same way as you!  :) Well, that's the basic idea, you get what I mean.




50-Item List of Helpful Marriage Similarities

1.     Socio-economic background of family
2.     Intelligence
3.     Formal education
4.     Verbal skills
5.     Expected roles for both persons within marriage
6.     Views about power distribution within the family
7.     Desired number of children
8.     When a family should be started
9.     Child rearing views
10. Political philosophy
11. Views about smoking, alcohol and drugs
12. Amount of involvement with in-laws
13. Sense of humor
14. Punctuality
15. Dependability
16. Desire for verbal intimacy and ability to be intimate
17. The role of conflict and how to resolve it
18. The way to handle anger
19. How friendships with the opposite sex should be handled
20. Expected amount of privacy and rules for its use
21. Level of ambition
22. Life goals
23. Attitudes about weight
24. Religious and spiritual beliefs and preferences
25. Amount of church involvement
26. Family spiritual involvement
27. Hobbies and interests
28. Type of music enjoyed
29. Energy level for physical activities
30. Sexual drive and sexual interests
31. Amount of income to be spent and saved
32. How money should be allocated (clothes, vacation, etc.)
33. Amount of money to be given away and to whom
34. Degree of risks to be taken with investments
35. Attitudes about cleanliness—house, clothes, body, etc.
36. Ways of handling sickness
37. Health standards—when to see a doctor
38. Interpersonal and social skills
39. Amount and type of social involvement preferred
40. Geographical area in which to live
41. Size and style of house
42. Type of furniture and decoration
43. Amount and type of travel preferred
44. How to spend vacations
45. How to celebrate major holidays
46. How much time to spend together
47. When to go to sleep and get up
48. Temperature of home during the day and night
49. Activity during meals
50. Television programs preferred


xoxo,
Me

2 comments:

  1. that is pretty interesting...some of those I would not think of- like "activity during meals"??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's something to think about! I guess the guy who created eHarmony wrote a book before starting the site and this was in one of his books. I guess this guy must really know what he's talking about since he's hooking people up left and right, haha!

    ReplyDelete