Saturday, May 21, 2011

The date.

Alright, I'm finally back from a full day of shopping and running around in this b-e-a-utiful weather!  So I'm here to dish about my "date" from last night.

It started off fine when he came to pick me up, but I immediately got annoyed with him because he had the windows down and I said "I'm going to put mine up so it doesn't ruin my hair" because we were getting on the freeway, and he acknowledged that I said that then 5 mins later at a stop light winds my window back down.  I thought he was teasing me, but actually he just wasn't even listening when I said I was putting mine up and had no idea that I had done so.  Ugh.  Annoying.  Then he asked why I'd had a hellish week so I started telling him about stuff that's been happening at work lately and every 10 seconds he'd interrupt me to say a stupid comment or try and make a joke....but I really hate when people do that!  Just let me tell my story and then you can be the center of attention, jeez!  The thing is, this guy jokes ALL the time.  I like joking around, I'm pretty sarcastic most of the time, but he's like overkill on that shit so it was annoying me.

We got to Panini's around 715 and he was surprised that it was crowded at 715 on a Friday...hmmm, shocking.  So we decide to sit at the inside bar because they had the huge glass doors open so we were able to feel the breeze and the nice weather without me getting burnt.  We got some drinks and after awhile I decided it was food time, I was starving!  He had to answer a work call, so while he was gone I got us menus and figured out what I wanted.  A little while later the bartender asked us if we were ordering and I did, he said he wasn't hungry.  When she walked away I was like "how are you not hungry??" and he said it was because he didn't work that day so he sat around all day and had eaten a little bit before picking me up.  Wow...oooooook then.  He asked me a bunch of questions about myself, most of which he asked me last Saturday when he asked me out, but he didn't remember the answers because he was drunk Saturday.  Man, this just kept getting better!

Here comes my favorite part of the night.  It's 2.5 hours into the date and he says to me, "I didn't really consider this a date until right now."  WHAT?!?!  Who seriously says that?!  If I didn't already know this guy and if he wasn't best friends with one of my best friends boyfriend, I would've been like, "take me the fuck home."  Anyway, I didn't feel bad about anything after that and I spent the entire rest of the evening texting with My Soulmate.  Eventually we had my friend come up there because she had a bad day and needed some friend time.  Then she and I ended up meeting some drunk girl in the bathroom and she came up to us at the bar and wanted to introduce me to her single guy friend she was with that is some sort of engineer so "he's loaded."  I entertained it and went out there and all that, but definitely no sparks there either.  Fail.

All in all I did have a nice time, but a nice time as in it was fine hanging out with him like friends.  As much as he talked to me about how he thinks I'm good looking and funny and nice and outgoing and whatever...he just didn't do it for me.  So, I'm more than happy to be friends with him but nothing more.

Now, as for things with My Soulmate...that's going awesome!  :)

Hope y'all are having a great weekend!!  I'm off to a wedding tomorrow!!

xoxo,
Me

1 comment:

  1. oh my word. WHY would he eat before picking you up to take you to dinner?? hmmm... yeah that's a little odd.. and what happened 2.5 hours into the date to make him consider it a "date". haha too bad you werent into that drunk girl's friend- now that would have made for an interesting end to the date!!

    ReplyDelete