Sunday, April 8, 2012

South Carolinaaaa, come on and raise up!!

Ok, so I know the song is actually "North Carolinaaaa, come on and raise up," but SC was more fitting.  You'll see in a second...


So, one of my besties graduated from Physicians Assistant school for the Navy in December, and she recently got her first duty station down in South Carolina.  Guess who's moving there??  ME, ME, ME!!  Yayayay!  I really despise Ohio and it's really not getting any better.  I almost think I'm depressed being here, I spend my time hanging out by myself in my room or walking around Target alone.  I do have some friends here, but not many and not any that I'd like to hang out with on a regular basis.  Not to mention I hate, absolutely loathe, my job.  I've been trying to tough it out as long as possible, but it's just not getting better and I've noticed a decline in my health since working there.  My anxiety is out of control and so is my stress.  I've been saving as much as possible over the last couple months and I'll definitely have enough to hold me over for a couple months down in SC.  Though I'm hoping it doesn't take me a couple months to find a job, I'm just trying to plan ahead.  Not to mention I have 141 hours of PTO (paid time off) that will be paid out to me when I leave, which will be about $2000 after it's taxed to hell in my last paycheck.  Two things though:  I haven't told my parents yet (whoops) and I haven't told work.  I plan on telling my parents sometime within the next 2 weeks and I'm going to wait until mid-May to tell my work.  I generally always give a job about a months notice if I can, and I plan to leave mid-June, so that'll work out.  I'm really trying to do it so I'm not leaving my job in a bad position, but they take for-fucking-ever to fill positions.  We just hired a girl 4 months after we fired one and another gal left in February and we've only interviewed a couple people for that job.  They are so ridic about that shit.  Either way, I hope getting away from here will help with my anxiety.

I don't have much news other than that.  One of my friends and I have been on the hunt (daily) for misspellings wherever we can find them!  I'm horrible with punctuation, I have no idea where to put commas, colons, semicolons, etc., but I'm pretty fantastic at spelling!  So, because we have nothing better to do with our lives, and he lives in Vegas so we have to have some sort of fun, we're just assholes and judge people's lack of ability to spell.  I found this prize at Texas Roadhouse today while we were there for Easter lunch:

Hostest...??  With the mostest?!  Fail.

Anyway, back to work tomorrow, which I'm dreading.  Going to have to spend the next month and a half catching up on shit I've put off, so that way it's not a HUGE mess for whichever person they put in my place.  Blarg.

Hope everybody have a nice Easter!  :)

xoxo,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment