Sunday, March 25, 2012

The return of moi...for now.

Alas, I have returned.  For the time being anyway.

My biggest news is that SM and I are actually, officially dating!  When I went for my visit to Key West back in December, we had a little chat, where I explained to him that it's not fair for him to punish me for those girls in his past.  He said he wasn't punishing me, but I didn't feel that way, since he said he'd NEVER date long distance again.  Either way, we talked it out and I got my man in the end!  Yay!  :)

Christmas came and went, and since I procrastinated on sending his gifts out (I'm the idiot who had them sent to me instead of directly to him) we opened them on Skype a few days later.  He did SUCH a great job with mine!  Like, I literally could not have done a better job myself!  He got me an Alabama Crimson Tide shirt from Victoria's Secret, a Browns shirt that has A. Foster on the back (and the number 55, since I love multiples of 5), aaaand a necklace that says "My Soul Mate" in Gaelic.


One day in January, I'd been at a friend's parent's house for New Girl (every Tuesday night ritual) and didn't get home until about 10.  I'm on the phone with my best friend, ready to head up to my room, when I notice a box at the bottom of the stairs.  Super confused, so I look at the tag, it's for me.  Hmmm, weird.  Too dark in the house for me to see where it's from...so I stick my nose right up to it and see two of the most beautiful words ever, "Gerbera Daisies."  EEEEEEEEK!!  Whaaaaat?!  For meeeee?!  He had randomly bought me flowers, "just because," and I was so excited I started crying.  I've literally never had a boyfriend buy me flowers for no reason.




For my birthday, Feb 6, he flew up to Ohio to see me.  Best birthday present ever!  After a few days here, we went to Illinois to see his family and I got to meet his mom, sister and nephew for the first time.  I'd met his dad briefly back in June when I dropped him off after our first weekend together.  It was a great week, best week I can remember in a long time!  Now the worst part starts.  The waiting.  I have absolutely no idea when we'll be able to see each other again because I've got work, he's got work...and tickets to Key West around this time run about $800 a pop.  That's just way too much for me to spend right now.  And it SUCKS.





So, a few months ago, SM's best friend and I started chatting it up, harmless things obviously.  It began with Dexter stuff, then we'd just chat about everyday things, then we became like the best of buddies!  He'd tell me everything and I'd tell him everything, it was pretty cool!  I was thinking it was a good thing, considering I am dating his best friend.  But things have recently gotten awkward.  He is interested in one of my closest friends, and they began texting, but he's legally still married so she wants nothing to do with him right now, except to be friends.  Respectable decision, and he gets it.  But he also stopped talking to SM a month or so ago, because he didn't like how he was acting, said he was being different...and just recently told me that he'd said some not-so-great things about me, only to retract them a few days later.  Whatever, these things happen, I complain about SM as well, so I wasn't too worried about it.  Except recently he told SM about something that he and I had talked about, and it really freaking irritated me.  Mostly I was irritated because he misquoted me, which just pisses me off, because if you're going to "tattle" on me, at least say it how things really happened.  But then I was irritated because SM didn't even bother to really listen to my side of it and got aggravated when I tried to explain myself.  What. The. Fuck.  So, he goes a month without even talking to SM then breaks his silence to tell him I got butt hurt about something.  He's acting so childish that I can barely stand it.  The only reason he even said anything to SM was because I told my close friend that he was being a jerk and told her what he said.  Oooook, so we're playing that game??  Cool.  Well, basically anything I've ever complained about regarding SM, I've ended up telling SM about anyway because I'm not trying to be "that girl" that complains about her boyfriend but doesn't even bother telling him that she's mad about something so they can work it out.  Ugh.  I know this whole paragraph was a huge pile of nonsense and it probably makes no sense, but I had to get it out.  It's just so freaking frustrating!

Anyway, I've recently acquired the status of "having no life," so I'm going to try and be a better blogger.  Promise.  But, please note the word TRY.

xoxo,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment